2008 Beijing Summer Olympics
By: Team XC Ottawa (2008/08/08)
News Sources and Schedules
Fire up those VCRs, PVRs and TiVos as the best coverage will probably be from 1am-6am our time! CBC will let you watch the videos over the internet though your browser.
CBC Olympic Site, TV Schedules:Day, Week. (Watch 1,500hrs on-line! Click the "Watch Live" buttons in their schedule pages.)
RDS Olympic Site: Olympic TV coverage is usually great as well.
TSN Olympic Coverage
Globe and Mail Coverage
BBC Olympic Site
Official Olympic Site
Google Olympic coverage, Google Search Coverage
Wikipedia History, Wikipedia Event Calendar
Interesting 2008 Olympic Articles
- How Canada Did: Day - 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.
- ...and in the end.
- Forgetting the Olympics
- An Olympics Games Analysis
- Onward to glory for Canada?
- CBC Bows out with Gold Medal Performance
- Olympians over 30 leave their mark.
- Vancouver: the "Canadian-way"
- After Slow Start, Canada Finishes Olympics with a Flourish
- Top 5 finishers for Canada
- Roll call of honour: Canada's medal winners
- How Canada did, a recap.
- van Koeverden's final thoughts
- 2008 a rollercoaster ride of emotions for Canadians
- Hancock's Games: A-Z
- Beijing Olympics come to an end/Sporting, logistical excellence lauded.
- The Olympics close with a bang and a double decker bus.
- "I'm really sorry": van Koeverden
- Canadian Gold Medalists 1948-1968
- Du Toit inspires in Olympic debut
- How to spot a future Olympic Champion
- Witfield charges to triathlon silver!
- Why a Negative will be a massive Positive
- Golden Games for Great Brittain
- What makes Canada's rowing team so strong?
- Media responsible for Canada's high expectations
- Canada's slow start a sig of years of funding neglect
- Guam's Giant
- Is it a genetic flaw that makes Phelps the greatest?
- Canadians positions themselves for weekend medals
- Phelps answers skeptics
- Canadian briefly holds Olympic 1,500m swimming record
- Canadian Athletes are blogging
- Globe and Mail covers/critiques CBC's Olympic coverage?!?
- Is Phelps really the greatest (Olypian ever)?
- Canadian athletes struggling with disappointment
- Canadians shouldn't 'throw in the towel': COC head
- Canadian medalists cash in for the first time at Beijing Olympics
- Swimming records becoming a broken record
- Empty Olympic seats cause concern
- 4 or 5 reasons why the winter Olympics are better
- Nicole Cooke's early cycling apirations
- World Records (swimming) keep falling
- My Games: Beijing Diaries
- Spanish Cyclist test positive for EPO
- WADA Chief urges drug tainted sports to clean up
- What Canada did Monday (Day 3)
- Opening Ceremonies in pictures
- CBC averts (opening ceremony broadcast) disaster
- 'Extreme Weather' in forecast for Beijing
- Canadians look to 'weather guy' for edge in Beijing
- Chinese weather map
- Beijing 7-day weather forecast
- CBC's last hurrah?
- Canadians to watch (in Beijing)
- Canada in tough to top Athens medal count
- Do we still need to count medals?