Links to Skiing Resources . . .
Here you will find great resources to help you with your ski training, or just kill a few minutes browsing the internet.
Someone has to keep Nordic Ski Racers in line!
The Ottawa-Gatineau area is home to a variety of ski clubs that contribute to our growing ski community. Many offer programs for all ages.
Documenting skiing and outdoor activities in Gatineau park with beautiful photos.
What are the top Canadian and World Cup cross-country skiers talking about these days? Have a look for yourself..
Who is skiing fast this year?
All the latest news and articles about the cross-country ski world . . ..
- Fasterskier.com is incredible XC News resource with daily updates on the XC ski scene in North America and Europe.
- Master Skier is a skiing resource for the citizen racer.
- ski-nordique.net is a French news site keeping up with the latest biathlon, skiing and rollerskiing races and racers!
- Skifaster.net the latest scoop on the indi2010 team.
- Skinnyski.com covers cross-country skiing, with a focus on the upper Midwest US.
- Ski Trax is North America's Nordic Skiing Magazine.
- XCskiworld is a collection of skiing related articles, often translated from Norway and Sweden.
- Ski Post is a source of cross-country skiing articles, Q&A by Subaru Factory Team.
- Caldwell Sports Specialties custom ski selection, stone grinding, ski flex evaluation and race services.
- Webskis sells skis and wax on-line.
- Gear West has a wide variety of XC Ski and roller ski gear and accessories.
- Nordic Skater sells roller skis, clip on skates.
- New Moon were the original mail order store serving North America.
- Zone4.ca provides timing software and on-line results to many Canadian clubs and races.
- Sport Stats is the largest timing company in Canada, servicing the Keskinada, Ironmans, Ottawa Race Weekend and many more.
- Gatineau Park is ski paradise! Gatineau Park's network of ski trails - considered one of the greatest in North America - is made up of close to 200 kilometres of trails - maintained expertly by Lafleur, inc. using the latest technology. Multiple access points, season's pass or daily pay rate.
- Mooney's Bay park is where you can ski inside the Ottawa city limits! There is 5 km of groomed trails for classic and skate with some portions lit at night. Lessons for all abilities from beginner to advanced. Season's pass or daily pay rate.
- Nakkertok Nordic Centre has a network of about 75 km of skating, classical and backcountry trails is located just north of Ottawa in the Gatineau Hills. Lit trails for night skiing. Club membership required for skiing.
When you're not out training for cross country skiing you might enjoy. . .
- Ottawa Bicycle Club
- Ottawa Rowing Club
- Madawaka Kanu Centre is a whitewater paddling school located on the Madawaska River in the Ottawa Valley.
- Owl rafting leads white water rafting excursions down the legendary 12 km 'Rocher Fendu' rapids of the Ottawa River.
- Runners Web provides daily news and articles about running, athletics, triathlon, and adventure racing.
- TriRudy is a local triathlon, and endurance sports resource and daily list serve.