Mark Your Calendars! Peri's Olympic Fundraiser Run September 27
By: Team XC Ottawa (2009/08/31)
Come run and help Peri prepare to take on the world at Vancouver 2010!
"I can't really explain how great it is to be from a place like Almonte, it feels like the entire town has been behind me from the get-go, and putting together something like this leading up to the Olympics is pretty extra special.
The run is on September 27th, in Almonte, so come out for the day, or weekend and enjoy with our town has to offer- the Mississippi River, great eats, and beautiful flowers (thanks to my brother the town gardener)."
- Perianne Jones
Edmonton Sun article on Perianne and FUNdraiser run
6 Great Reasons to Participate in Perianne's FUNdraiser run
Ottawa Citizen Article: Almonte athlete all heart
About the Run
- Date: Sunday, September 27, 2009
- Location: Almonte Arena, Almonte, Ontario (30 minutes west of Ottawa) Parking on site.
- Start Time: 10am for 5km and 10km. 11:30am for 1km kids run.
- Distances: 5k, 10k, and 1k for Kids (Strollers are welcome in all events)
- Course: Flat and fast course through the picturesque town of Almonte.
- Aid Stations: Gatorade and water at 2.5k, 5k, 7.5k, and finish.
- Race Kit: Pick up your race number starting at 8am at the arena.
- Awards: 11:45am Lots of great prizes!
- Adults $30
- Students under 18 $15
1k for Kids
- Child $5
- Child of parent entered in 5 or 10k FREE
ENTER SOON to show your support!
Click here for online registration
- Online option closes 9pm September 25th.
- Race day registration is available. (Cash only, please.)