Kanata Nordic Club Coach Job Opening
By: Kanata Nordic (2016/10/19)
Primary responsibilities are:
- the development and delivery of the youth and masters racing program
- mentoring the volunteer learn-to-ski leaders and helping them develop their own ski and teaching skills
- investigating, recommending, developing and implementing, as appropriate, new programming and ski opportunities to expand programs and promote membership.
This is an opportunity to help shape the future of a well-established community club that is on the threshold of a new level of growth and maturity. Recently relocated to Wesley Clover Parks, Kanata Nordic has more than 600members and a 25km trail network, and growing. The Ottawa area has a huge base of passionate cross-country skiers, and Kanata Nordic is working with other clubs to create some exceptional assets in the region, including snowmaking.
Reporting to the President, the club coach will work most closely with the program coordinators (Jackrabbit, Racing and Masters). The club coach will have a large pool of volunteers to draw upon for assistance.
Kanata Nordic is looking for a skilled skier but most importantly a coach who will have the dedication, attitude and aptitude to help the club and ski community grow and thrive. This is a 6-12 month renewable contract position.
- Experience with coaching and instructing youth and adults in cross-country skiing.
- NCCP certification (ideally Learn to Train level), or equivalent national coaching certification.
- Personal experience with classic ski racing, skate ski racing, and roller skiing.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as a team player with volunteers in various roles.
- Current ‘Vulnerable Sector’ police record check
- First Aid-CPR ‘C’ certificate (desirable)
- Strength and conditioning coaching certification (desirable)
* Some of the above may be in-progress or fulfilled within an agreed-upon time; Kanata Nordic may subsidize required certification or training
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We thank you for your interest.
View full job description for more details.