I'm very happy to announce that the second edition of my cookbook and food guide is now available. Working with Vicky Newman of the Moores UC San Diego Cancer Center, we've added new sections to feature additional vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes, and updated research reviews. We've devoted more space to help you understand fats, whole grains, and the often overlooked mineral magnesium (that many people are lacking). Best of all, we've included more delicious recipes!
This book will inspire you with practical tips on how to purchase and prepare delicious food with eye appeal that will nourish your body, protect your health, and nurture your spirit.
Recipes feature vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and legumes, which have long been recognized as good sources of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. New research suggests that many of these plant foods contain other healing substances including phytochemicals (plant chemicals). These phytochemicals help protect plants from disease, and studies are revealing that eating a diet with plenty of phytochemical-rich foods may help protect humans from disease as well.
"Food For Thought: Healing Foods to Savor" features:
- An alphabetical reference of vegetables, fruits, beans/legumes, and whole grains that includes:
- Great tasting recipes, each with complete nutritional analysis
- Storage and preparation tips
- Grocery shopping tips
- Serving ideas
- Healthy eating and living guidelines
- A guide to understanding protein, fats, carbohydrates, fiber, sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium