Does this answer your questions about skiing in Gatineau Park?
By: Craig Storey (2011/01/25)
The NCC ski trails grooming conditions website has changed subtly. It now has a new section: Cross-Country Skiing in Gatineau Park: Frequently Asked Questions .
This set of FAQs has some good questions, like..
- At what time are ski conditions posted on the website?
- Why do the ski conditions posted on the website not always match the conditions observed on the trails?
- What are your guidelines for grooming the trails?
- Why are the trails not freshly groomed?
- When are trails not recommended?
The other new feature is an explanation of trail conditions states "Good", "Fair" and "Not Recommended". You may know them as..
Lets hope we can get more accuracy in conditions and grooming reporting to go along with these website improvements. What I'd like to see is real-time tracking of the grooming machines with video play back, so that we would know where and when machines had been.