Job Posting - Gatineau Park winter trail network manager
By: Demsis (2008/08/22)
Gatineau Park winter
trail network manager †
The responsibilities of the manager include coordinating the trail maintenance services as well as the patrol team for all of the parks trail system (cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and hiking trails). The manager works closely with three (3) managers (park maintenance, accommodations, and exploitation). He/she is responsible for data gathering, analysis as well as the follow up with the project director in regards to reports and trail management issues.†
- Supervise the patrol team for the different trails: greeting and informing the public, monitoring, trail supervision and security, first aid.††
- Ensure clear communications with the volunteer patrol team and the National Capital Commissionís (NCC) visitor center.
- Manage the trail maintenance team: grooming machinery, quality control and general maintenance pertaining to the entire trail network.
- Provide input in the supervision of the teams responsible for the maintenance of the various shelters, cabins, winter campsites and parking areas.
- Participate in the promotion and public awareness efforts concerning all winter activities in the Park: ski pass sales, daily fee collection for the use of the trail network as well as winter accommodations.†
- Create and maintain good relations with local and regional ski groups as well as the general public using the parkís trails.
- Ensure that employees follow the established health and safety guidelines in regards to themselves and all skiers, hikers, people using snowshoes as well as all persons using the trail system at all times when on duty.
- Assist the project director with the control of material, financial, and human resources pertaining to his/her department.††
- College or University diploma in an appropriate discipline (tourism, recreation, management, communications etc).
- 5 to 7 years experience in managing similar systems or networks.
- Knowledge of the tourism or leisure industry in relation to conservation parks, a definite asset
- Demonstrated cross-country skiing abilities.
- Good judgment, initiative, and skills in customer services.
- Mastery of MS Office suite
- Fluently bilingual (written and oral)
- Admissible to the security screening of the National Capital Commission.
40 hour work week. The weekly number of hours may vary according to the season.† †
Full time permanent position
POSTING from July 26th to August 15th, 2008
INTERVIEW and SELECTION PROCESS from August 18th to the 29th, 2008
STARTING DATE September 15th, 2008