Ski Moms & Keski Dads
By: Team XCOttawa.ca (2005/02/26)
Canadian skiers are largely funded by the Bank of Mom and Dad. If you are not a ski racer or a parent of one, you may wonder why it is that parents allow their children to spend hundreds of hours gliding on skis at their expense.
Seems silly, almost as crazy as those racing suits they wear. Well XCOttawa.ca athletes asked their mothers to share their thoughts on having a ski racer in the family. Maybe the advice of these experienced "SkiMoms" will encourage other parents to enroll their kids in a Jackrabbit or Junior racing program. At the very least we hope you enjoy their stories.
- Dianne Thurber - Karl's Mom
- Megan's Mom
- Darlene Zylberberg - David's Mom
- Linda Storey - Craig's Mom
- Laura's Mom
- Kaari Turk - Arno's Mom
- Jean McCarthy - Tom and Ed's Mom
XCOttawa.ca asked their fathers to share their Keskinada experiences in this series of articles - "KeskiDads".
- Toni Saidla - Karl's Dad
- Stuart McTavish - Megan's Mom
- Randy Storey - Craig's Mom
- Jim McCarthy - Tom and Ed's Mom