Ski and Snowshoe Fast is hiring for 2017!
By: Jennie Anderson (2016/10/14)
Attention Ottawa and area XC Skiers,
Ski and Snowshoe Fast (SXCF, or “Ski Fast”) is looking ahead to the 2016-2017 season with much anticipation! Last season, despite the unpredictable winter conditions, Ski Fast ran a record number of program sessions and taught a larger number of students than ever before!
The SXCF Board is seeking Instructors to fill vacant positions. Are you interested in becoming a SXCF ski and snowshoe Instructor? To qualify for the position, you should be a patient and enthusiastic individual, who is reliable and responsible. You should have experience with teaching or in a leadership role and be comfortable leading youth and adults alike. Strong cross-country ski ability is a must, with an intermediate-to-advanced level of technical ability. Bilingualism (English and French) is a huge asset!
The duties of a SXCF Instructor include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching (or co-teaching) basic ski and/or snowshoe technique to groups of kids or adults at SXCF sessions.
- Maintaining a fun and positive attitude with participants and teachers. Showing enthusiasm for our sport.
- Assisting with the setup and disassembly of ski and other equipment at each session.
- Participating in pre and post-season meetings with the SXCF Board to discuss curriculum and to review.
- Participating in (paid) Instructor’s training early in the season.
This position requires a Police Record’s Check.
This is a paid position. Remuneration is based on the rate of $25 per hour. If you have a keen interest in leadership, ski and snowshoe instruction, and would like to contribute to the growth of cross-country skiing in our region, we invite you to consider putting your name forward as a nominee. Please email skiXCfast@nakkertok.ca to apply.
Jennie Anderson and the Ski Fast Team