Christmas Shopping Ideas
By: Team XC Ottawa (2010/12/09)
• You can start at our very own store: The Klister Licker shop is still available with lots of t-shirts, baby shirts and bags. Items from this shop helps support our team and it has lots of GREAT presents for all skiers.
• Jessica Spring (our extraordinary designer) also has greeting cards for sale. They are hand drawn, made and shipped in Canada. http://www.etsy.com/shop/linearramblings
• Design your own ski clothes - its easy at Podiumwear.com!
• Why not some new Infinity ski poles? Made in Canada these are ligther, stiffer, stronger and cheaper than anything else out there! The skier that gets these for won't believe the difference they make. Looking to really wow 'em? You will with these. Not to mention that if you buy them through us you are also supporting our team.
• For those looking to improve their Gatineau Loppet times this winter why not get them some really fast wax? Vauhti HF waxes, the new K-line grip waxes or some of the basic Vauhti waxes have been working well in Ottawa. Maybe some Red Creek tools like a Roto-brush too?
• Eload and Emend make great gifts as well - a well hydrated skier is a happy skier.
• These items and much more can be found at Fresh Air Experience. Sometimes we do all of our Christmas shopping in this one store!
• Why not upcycle your old equipment by buying and selling through our xc skiing classified ads? Registration is free,and there's no charge at all to buy or sell.
• Love the Gatineau Park? Why not buy a limited edition vintage trail map. The commemorative map celebrates 100th anniversary of skiing in the Ottawa region. Funds raised support the Canadian Ski Museum (charitable #119219913R0001). You can also watch the video of how it was made.
• You can also get the skier on your list a stone grind from Gatineau Nordique Sport - refresh an older pair of skis or get a new pair ready for its first winter!
• Skiers like to watch videos of skiing - XCZone.tv has lots to satisfy that urge!
• Sunglasses are always a great gift - protect your eyes AND look cool with Rudy Project!
Good luck and have a very Merry Christmas!