XC Zone Fall Update
By: XC Zone (2010/09/09)
There are a lot of opportunities this season:
1. Early Registration for the Fall-Winter xc Ski program is now open at a major discount. Prices go up in a month. Visit www.naturalfitnesslab.com
2. We are going a FREE dryland clinic for nordic skiing at Camp Fortune 1300hrs - 1500hrs, Sunday 12 September 2010 at Camp Fortune. This is a great opportunity to see what ski walking, striding and other specific ski drills are all about. Meet at the main lodge with ski poles and running shoes. All levels and abilities.
3. Monday night Dryland training for xc skiing begins 01 Oct 2010 at Mooney's Bay.
4. Upcoming races that we recommend:
---- 18 Sep - Les Course en Forest at Val Morin www.coursesenforet.com
---- 25 Sep - 5 peaks, Trail race at the ARC www.5peaks.com
---- 16 Oct - Xtrail at Mont Orford
---- 27 Oct - Eve of Hallows 13k trail Run at Camp Fortune (FREE but scary)
5. This Tuesday we are running Wolf Trail (meet 630pm at P12 Boat Launch at Meech Lake). BRING A FRIEND and someone new. This is the perfect initiation to trail running. Let's see if we can get over 100 people! The course looks like this: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/4056434
6. OPEN DAY – COME AND DISCOVER BIATHLON (18 September at the Camp Fortune range) 18 September between 9:00am and 15h00pm invite the friends you believe may enjoy the sport of biathlon. Cost is $5 per participant.
David McMahon & Lise Meloche
"Living and coaching natural fitness through clean oxygen fed sport."
Interesting Reading. . .