X-C SKI FAST and NAKKERTOK presents SPRING BREAK NORDIC SKIING and SNOWSHOE CAMP
By: Geoff Tomlinson (2010/03/09)
We all hope for a long ski season but... For this year I think that the snow cover to ski safely @ Nak south is rapidly diminishing and will be come unskiable by the end of this week.
With that situation in mind the SKI XC FAST March Break SKI Camp has been cancelled.
MARCH 15, 16, 17 from 10am – 3:30pm at the NAKKERTOK NORDIC CENTRE
What is this?
Back by popular demand X-C SKI FAST and Nakkertok are hosting the 3rd Annual Spring Break Nordic Camp March 15, 16 & 17.
This camp will promise fun on skis and new for 2010 fun on snowshoes! All three days will be filled with games, relays, trail skis and loads of fun with new and old ski buddies. We will be providing instruction in both classic and skate techniques. Focusing on weight transfer, long glide, power, poling, hills and best of all “SKIING FAST”. We will be exploring the new Nakkertok South snowshoeing trails in the afternoon.
You can attend for a day, two days or for all three days
Who should come?
Racing Rabbits (mini-midget, midget and pee-wees)
- Jackrabbits (Level 2 and up with skate ski ability)
- For skiers aged 8 to 12
What to bring?
Skate skis, boots and poles (rentals available)
- Classic skis, boots and poles
- Ski and weather appropriate clothing
Who are the Leaders
Geoff Tomlinson – Nakkertok Coach, X-C Ski Fast Director and Instructor and King of
- Jan Downing – Nakkertok Coach, X-C Ski Fast Instructor and Queen of Cookies
- Greg McKay - Snowshoe Fast coach. Bytown Blues rugby coach and King of Clothing
- Many special guest coaches
How Much does it cost and how do I pay?
|1 day = $45||1 day = $55|
|2 day = $80||2 day = $90|
|3 day = $105||3 day = $120|
- Skate skis, boots and poles available for rent at $15 per day (please reserve in advance)
- Registration fee payable in full the morning of March 15/10 (cheques payable to National Capital District)
Who do I contact to Register?
Geoff Tomlinson at 613-596-1886 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jan Downing at 613-736-8323 or email@example.com
Register by March 13th at 9pm.