The annual Forest Lea freestyle race will be held this coming Sunday, Feb. 8th at the Forest Leas ski trails in Pembroke, ON. With a civilized start time of 11am, there is plenty of time to make the 1h45min trip from Ottawa to the Forest Lea trails.
- For ages 19 & over, the race distance is 10km, on rolling trails.
- For high school aged skiers, the race distances reflect the OFSAA qualification race distances (8km, 6km, 4km), so this is a great way to prepare for the high school racing circuit. See paxc.blogspot.com for more info on age categories and race distances
- For ages 10-12 yrs, there is a 2.5 km course
- For ages 7-9 there is an 800m course
Registration: (pre-registration only!)
- 10$ entry fee
- Entries will be collected at Gearheads (Petawawa), by phone (613-687-4624), or in person, until closing Saturday Feb. 7th For phone entries, payment and waiver can be completed race morning at the clubhouse.
- Bib pick-up (Forest Lea Ski Club) closes at 10:30am, race day.
- Race start: 11am
- Race start is at 11am
- The clubhouse is small, so bring warm clothes for post-race mingling, potentially outside.
- There is no wax hut, so come prepared to be self sufficient.
- There will be soup and awards afterwards!
- Last year's race report by Stephanie Rees: http://nsxc.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=139&Itemid=49
Take hwy 17 west to Forest Lea road (about 5 minutes, hwy driving, past the 'IRVING Truck Stop'), turn Left onto Forest Lea road and go to the end (about 2km).