Free XC Ski Info Workshops at Mooney's Bay, Jan 4th, 2009
By: Katherine Kitching (2008/12/19)
Here's a little update from the Mooney's Bay Cross Country Ski Centre.
First of all, I'd like to invite you to sign up for one of our free workshops happening at our open house on Sunday January 4th.
The workshops are aimed at our ski school students but we currently have extra space in our "intermediate" one, so I thought some of you folk might be interested.
The intermediate workshop is 1 hour long, starting at 1pm - it's an indoor presentation about latest developments in waxing and ski equipment courtesy of Trailhead, and also a discussion of latest technique developments as presented at the CANSI national technical seminar last year, courtesy of Paul Graner, one of our instructors and past-president of CANSI.
The workshop is free but there is limited space in the room where we hold it, so I suggest you pre-register if you want to be sure of getting in. If you'd like to pre-register, just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also have several "beginner workshops" that still have space - they will cover the basics of equipment, waxing and dressing for skiing - also free - write me if you want to pre-register.
During our open house, Trailhead will be on-site with demo skis from Rossignol, Fischer and Salomon and demo snowshoes from Atlas, Tubs and G&V. You can try out the latest equipment for free, and Trailhead is giving out discount coupons with every demo.
You can drop by our open house at any time between 11am and 3pm on Sunday the 4th. Take a tour and check out some of the new features for 2009, including:
- Rentals on-site by Lafleur;
- New, more powerful grooming equipment including a hydrostatic groomer courtesy of Lafleur;
- Extended trail network into Hog's Back Park;
- Everyone who buys a day pass, season pass or signs up for a lesson will be entered into a draw for a complete ski equipment package from Trailhead.
As always, we offer:
- Heated change rooms and washrooms;
- Indoor wax benches with free use of our irons, brushes and scrapers;
- Over 5km of trails groomed for skate and classic and lit at night (Total will be closer to 10km with the planned additions in Hog's Back!)
- Skiing in the heart of the City for only $2.50 for the day or $29 for the season.
- Lessons for all ages and abilities, including advanced, in skate and classic - we are the largest ski school in the region with over 600 adults taking lessons with us last year.
We are open on a reduced schedule from now until the open house on January 4th, so I recommend you call and check our phone message before coming over - 613-247-4883.
Feel free to write me at any time if you have questions or you want a copy of our course brochure: email@example.com
Hope to see you this winter!
Mooney's Bay Cross-country Ski School & Ski Centre
2960 Riverside Drive