Fast and Female Needs You!
By: Chandra Crawford (2008/09/10)
Are you passionate about sports
and the impact they can have in our society? Are you ready to be challenged
by taking on the future of an organization dedicated to making a difference?
Olympic Gold Medalist Chandra
Crawford is looking for a seriously motivated, confident, skilled and
outgoing person to lead the organization while she focuses on training
for the 2010 Olympics. Fast and Female needs a Director. You can
work from home anywhere in Canada and will be responsible for organizing
events, marketing, media relations and helping with fundraising.
You want to work at a cool startup . . .
Fast and Female is the beginning of a revolution. In 2005, events in British Columbia, Quebec, Ontario and Alberta have expanded the organization into an exciting program with athletes of all levels involved. Success in the short-term means getting more girls hooked on cross- country skiing. In the long term, the goal is to turn Fast and Female into a nation-wide wellness-through-sport program.
Check things out at www.fastandfemale.com for more info.
- Experienced in marketing, communications, event organizing or fundraising? Have you raised a heap of money for a cause? Have you worked in marketing or communications? Have you organized events for hundreds of people?
- Outgoing and great with people
- Enthusiastic about sport
- Excellent with computer stuff (organizational, promotional and website)
- Sharp with accounting and can stick to a budget
- A solution seeker?
to the business world with possible sponsorship contacts?
You would enjoy spending your time . . .
- Network! Find sponsors and keep them happy
- Coordinate donations and thank-yous
your creativity to develop ways to generate revenue?
track of the financial side??
Grow the Organization
- Currently a not-for-profit, Fast and Female needs to get Charitable Foundation status as soon as possible.
- Connect with kindred spirits
and expand Fast and Female into a multi-sport organization.?
- Redesign and keep www.fastandfemale.com hoppin' with updates and improvements daily and manage mailing list.
- Dream up creative promotions?
- Develop branding and messaging
- Design and distribute newsletter
- Design and distribute clothing line through e-store
- Work with Cross-Country Canada (CCC), Provincial Reps and Local Clubs to host awesome ski day events with x-c skiing, yoga, healthy food, inspirational speeches and dancing.
- Coordinate Volunteers, Leaders, and logistics of events?
- Get the March 2009 event (location TBD) organized!
- Work with CCC Women's
Committee to organize seminars for coaches and parents while their kids
Managing Public Relations
- Author press releases and work to generate press coverage
- Proactively reach out to media (local and national) and capture opportunities for increased visibility
- Post-event there is a
lot of follow-up work with images, the media, and sponsors to do.?
- Background in marketing, communications, event organizing or fundraising.
- A University degree in one of these fields would be a plus.
- Experience would be an even bigger plus!... Have you raised a lot of money for a cause? Have you worked in marketing or communications? Have you organized all-day events for hundreds of people?
- This a part-time contract position beginning November 1, 2008.? Re-negotiation, May 1, 2008 for a 1-2 year term that is optimal for both you and Fast and Female.
- Work from your home anywhere in Canada. Travel to 2-4 events per year. Travel as needed to meet sponsors.
15-30 hours per week of work, with more work and time required around
based on qualifications/experience?
Please send to Chandra Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1, 2008.:
- Resume and cover letter summarizing your motivation and qualifications for the position
- A 300-word sample press release about a fictitious F+F event. Include a made-up quote from a participant, a parent of a participant, an instructor, a sponsor, and Chandra in your release.
- If you are interested in a Fundraising Job (rather than the Director position) please send a breakdown of how you would raise $150,000 per year for Fast and Female. Include Strategy, Company names, and estimated timeline. (This information will be kept strictly confidential.) Just to give us a sense that you could actually pull this off which would be amazing.