Nakkertok Ski Club Seeking Assistant Coach
By: Nakkertok Ski Club (2008/04/28)
Nakkertok Ski Club has a long tradition of developing junior athletes in a club environment and preparing them for competition at the district, provincial, university and national level. Reporting to the Racing Director and the Full Time Coach, the Assistant Coach will play an integral role in the continued development of this dynamic junior racing team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide coaching support in the delivery of group training sessions to intermediate to high performance Midget to Junior A racers (June ’08 to March 31 ’09) and to Masters racers (beginning September ’08).
- Coordinate the training and special events of the Midget and Masters racing groups.
- Provide coaching support for additional sessions for participants in the enhanced (high performance) program as requested.
- Provide race support
- Attend and provide support to selected Ontario and Quebec provincial training camps
- Other responsibilities as required to support the program.
- CBET CCI or Level 2 (or plan to attain this certification)
- Unrestricted class G driver’s licence (or equivalent)
- First Aid Qualification
- Police Check
- Advanced roller skiing – skate and classic
- Advanced cross-country skiing – skate and classic
- Technological tools used to support coaching: internet based coaching and monitoring programs, heart rate monitor use and analysis
- The Cross Country Canada Long Term Athlete Development Model
Based on certification and experience. This is a part-time position 10 – 20 hours per week based on availability.
Applications due by May12th, 2008.
For Information and/or To Apply :
Email – subject line Nakkertok Assistant Coach to :
Cindy Lyon, Racing Director
Nakkertok Ski Club